Monday, April 2, 2012

Seriously, I'm in love with Jillian Michaels. Don't HATE me!!



Seriously, I'm in love with Jillian Michaels.


And before you send me hate mail and tell me she posted an anti Andy Wakefield link on her Facebook page, let me tell you unfortunately I know! And unfortunately I had already purchased the video and was over a week in to her "30 Day Shred" before I was told of her possibly being pro vaccine.


Being a poor autism mom, I had already spent the $ and was feeling the burn from the DVD. Considering the norm in my world is that there is no extra money and generally no physical burn from exercise out side of chasing the kid with autism, I decided I would continue with the 30 Days since I already had opened the DVD and could not return it.


For the any of you who do not want to give her any money I recommend seeing if you can rent it from the library or Netflix. It is less than $10 on amazon.com so she can't be making that much off it anyways!All that aside as a parent of a child with autism I know most of us are on limited time, especially if you are the parent of a child under the age of 5. You are also low on funds, because if you're on my friends with me your probably spending all your money on supplements, gfcf everything free, organic, therapy and more things than I can name. So this video is made for you! For under $14 which just is the cost of the video and two 3 pound hand weights ($34 if you buy an exercise mat) and just 20 minutes of time in 30 Days you can also be in much better shape and much healthier! I know you are also like me and know we have to live forever for our child with autism so being in the best health you can be is the most selfless thing you can do! Beyond the physical health, exercise is also an amazing mental health remedy and when you are done with the 1st 30 days and you apply yourself, I can guarantee your self esteem will be higher also.


How can I guarantee that?


After just doing Level 1 of 3, I went from:


31.2% body fat to 27.2% body fat


I lost a total of 12.6 inches, 4 in the waist and 2.5 in the hips.


I gained one pound, which is all muscle!

AND I still ate out, had ice cream and drank beer occasionally. I do eat lots of veggies, eat appropriate portion sizes and take half home when eating out, but I generally do not give up anything when I am working out, I just try to eat less!! I have found allowing my self to at least have some of my favorites leads me to never having to binge eat!

I use the bodybugg system which helps you track measurements, weight and will figure your body weight. If you are not willing or do not have the funds to invest in the system then I have a few recommendations to help you. The most important thing in any weight loss program is not knowing your weight, it is know you your measurements. When you stop losing weight and if you have not done your measurements you will get discouraged and give up. At that point in time you are gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat, so you will need to confirm you are losing inches to keep you on track. Start an excel file with your starting weight, and the following measurements: neck, upper arm, forearm, chest (I measure under the breasts, think bottom strap of your bra to make sure I have a consistent area to measure), waist (I measure at the belly button), hips, thigh and calf. My Fitness Pal is free website/app that can also be used to track your food consumption, weight, neck, waist and hips. I know that when I started losing weight the last thing on earth I wanted to know was my measurements, but when I hit that first plateau I was very happy to see even though I had stopped losing weight that I had lost inches.


The 20 minute video consists of 3 levels, each level consists of a warm up and cool down and 3 circuits of: 3 minutes weights/resistance training, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs.

3 comments:

  1. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google
    account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!
    Review my page discount Proactol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous. I am unsure what a donate button, is, but I guess I will look into it. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hello, yeah this piece of writing is actually good and I have learned lot of things from
    it on the topic of blogging. thanks.
    Have a look at my web site : the p90x schedule can be rough

    ReplyDelete